I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Little Miss Day Dreams and was so honored. I just started blogging, and I love that someone liked my blog enough to nominate me! Thank you! It’s been really nice to have other bloggers follow me, and I am finding it so interesting following them as well. I love seeing how other people view certain subjects, what they like or dislike, or just how they live. It’s very cool to me to see other parts of the world. This is something that blogging has opened up to me. For that I am grateful. So thank you, Little Miss Day Dreams! I look forward to continue blogging & reading other blogs as well. 🙂
So here are the rules of the tag:
- Write a post to show your award
- Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you
- Give a brief story about why you started blogging
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
Why I started blogging:
I have always been interested in starting a blog, but I never knew where to begin. I always found excuses as to why I didn’t start one – I’m not super computer savvy, so it was just too hard to create on my own. I couldn’t think of the “perfect name.” I wasn’t sure what to blog about. I love so many different topics, but the OCD in me wanted my blog to have a certain theme. I couldn’t just pick one. It wasn’t until I really sat down and thought, Erica, you love everything – just start your damn blog. It doesn’t matter if you’re not computer savvy, you’ll figure it out. Your name doesn’t have to be perfect. You don’t need a certain theme! Just start. I’m so glad I did! I love to write. Once I started, ideas just started flowing. I was always afraid to put myself out there, but I’m not any more. This blog is something I did for me. I couldn’t be happier that I did!
My advice for new bloggers:
- Stop thinking everything has to be “perfect.” This was an issue of mine. If it wasn’t perfect, I couldn’t blog it. So untrue! Blog what makes you feel happy. Blog about whatever your heart desires!
- It feels a little funny to be giving advice to “new bloggers”, since I am a fairly new blogger myself. But don’t afraid to be yourself, or to put yourself out there. That’s what I’m learning as I go.
I am nominating the following accounts for the Blogger Recognition Award: