I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Violet Elm and am so honored! I just started blogging, so it’s so exciting to me that my blog is recognized by others. Thank you times a billion! I loved reading your answers & I also love the name of your blog, especially knowing that your initials are ELM. The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which were asked by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 and let them know that you’ve nominated them
- Finally, provide them with 11 questions to answer
11 Facts About Me
- I love coloring! Melissa got me into it, and Jen bought me a Color Me Calm coloring book for my birthday last year. It’s seriously so relaxing & therapeutic.
- My go to nail polish is Lincoln Park After Dark – OPI. It’s just a classic.
- I know every single line in the movie Mean Girls.
- Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it – chunky sweaters, riding boots, chicken noodle soup, Halloween….I could go on forever, so I’ll stop.
- My current story that I am working on (which no one really knows about, except for Mel) is set in a fictional town called Briarstone. It involves twins, and it’s a mystery. That’s all I’m telling! 😛
- Me and my mom have the same middle name, Christine. When I have a daughter I plan on keeping that tradition going.
- I have an alcohol allergy. (I don’t know if this is actually true.) But ask anyone – the second I start drinking a Martini, my face instantly becomes flushed and my chest breaks out in hives.
- Speaking of Martini’s, my favorite restaurant is Venetian Moon. I love everything about it.
- I live in sundresses in the Summer.
- I literally could not survive without coffee in the morning.
- I am very sensitive. I’m an emotional person, and I have a lot of compassion for others.
Here are my 11 questions to you…
What is your favourite thing to do in your free time?
Read or shop. Wander aimlessly around Target buying a bunch of stuff I don’t need. Browsing Barnes & Noble for new books. Being with my family or friends. Just hanging out. Watching Law & Order SVU.
What is your favourite book?
The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald. I could go on forever, so I’ll just leave it at that.
What is most important to you – love or money?
Love!!! Of course. Don’t get me wrong, though, I’m not one of those people that are like, “Money can’t buy happiness” blah blah blah. No, money cannot buy happiness, but it sure helps. But I will always choose love. Without love, what do we really have?
Where is your favourite place to spend vacation?
My favorite vacations so far have been in Nashville and Punta Cana. So I’m going to say anywhere in the south where I can listen to live country music and frolic around in cowboy boots, or on an exotic island where I can lay pool or beach side, under a palm tree, drinking fruity drinks.
What is your dream job?
Author. If I could focus all of my energy on writing, that would be so amazing.
Have you ever met a celebrity?
I’ve met lots of celebrities, actually. Meeting Britney Spears was my favorite, obviously. I was only 10, and it was at the Kiss 108 Concert. She wasn’t big yet – Baby One More Time had just come out. I got to take a picture with her. I remember I didn’t get to be in the first group picture, so I was upset. My mom called out after her. “Britney, can we please get one more picture?” And she was so sweet, she was like, “Sure!” I met Destiny’s Child at the Square One Mall (also, super young), so this was before Beyonce was big. One time in Boston I saw Frankie Muniz on the street and Melissa literally screamed Frankie Muniz at the top of her lungs. I was also with Jacqui & Janel and Janel took a picture with him!
Would you rather watch TV or listen to music?
Can I choose reading?
What was the best gift you ever received?
My Kate Spade bag from Greta. My necklace from Saully. I like cards, I’m weird. I save them all. So any sentimental cards I’ve received, those are my favorite.
Who has influenced you most in life?
My mom. She’s just amazing all around. I have never met anyone as selfless as her. She is so genuine and caring. She is an inspiration. I love my mom.
If you were on a desert island, what 3 things would you love to have with you?
Hmmm….well, I don’t know if I’m allowed to pick a person in this situation, but I would definitely bring Saul because I’d go crazy being alone. I would also want a book, and a hammock.
Do you have a hidden talent?
I guess writing? It’s not so hidden anymore, though.
My Nominees are:
Here are my 11 Questions:
- What is the last song you listened to?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? What are they?
- Who is your best friend?
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite actor/actress?
- What is the last thing you spent money on?
- Do you dye your hair? If so, what is your natural hair color?
- If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- Are you working toward a goal right now? If so, what is it?
Thank you again, Violet Elm!! Enjoy everyone. 🙂