October has finally arrived, and I couldn’t be more excited. (Yes I know, you’re probably thinking, “super basic white girl”, but I don’t care. If loving pumpkin spice, pretty scarves and Hocus Pocus is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.) October is absolutely my favorite month. I love scary movies, haunted houses, cute new riding boots and leather jackets, dark nail polish – I could go on forever. For the first part of this post, I’m going to list what I am super excited about this October! In Part 2, I’m going to throw it back with all my favorites from previous years! Enjoy 🙂
- Jessi’s Bachelorette Weekend! We are going to Portland, and I cannot wait. I’m so happy for Jess and so excited to go away with the girls. I know we’re going on a brewery tour, and also a sunset sail cruise. It’s going to be a blast just celebrating Jessi and drinking and having fun!
- I’m trying to go in order here, so next up is getting my hair done w/ Claire! She got me really blonde last time, and I can’t wait to see how much blonder I can go. ( I know I said in a previous post that I was keeping my hair brunette….I can’t ever make up my mind. I decided last minute that I wanted an Ombre. So happy I did!)
- Kirsten’s Fall Get Together! Kirsten is having a little Fall gathering at her house. Pumpkin Spice everything, and I get to see the cutest little babe Tyler! I’m also excited that Sharon and Amanda are coming, and Sharon’s bringing her baby, Troy – can’t wait to see him as well! 🙂 It’s going to be such a fun afternoon.
- Pumpkin Picking is an absolute MUST. I haven’t gone Apple Picking this year – I think I’m okay with not going. But I need to go Pumpkin Picking because I just want to paint a pumpkin. (Carving is not for me…I did it one year with Chen – AWFUL. It was so much work!)
- Halloween Movies! Hocus Pocus Forever. I could watch that year round. I still like Halloweentown, I can’t lie. (LOL, you know, the Disney Channel movie?) I love watching all the Halloween (Michael Meyers) ones. I’ll watch anything scary.
- I probably won’t do both, but I must go to Salem or Spooky World. They’re both so much fun, so I don’t care which one I end up choosing.
- THE WALKING DEAD RETURNS!!! This should have been mentioned sooner. But OMG, who did Neegan kill!? (Also, is anyone else having a hard time taking Neegan seriously? I mean, he’s really just Denny Duquette, Izzy’s dying lover on Grey’s Anatomy.) It resumes on 10/23, FYI. (Another side note: If Daryl is dead I just quit the show.)
- Reading a ton of scary, ghost inspired books. Oh, and witches. Books about witches are the best. I’ve been pinning what I want to read like crazy, I’ll give you a sample! And I’ll let you know what I read, and if these books are worth reading or not!
9. Listening to my favorites, Karen & Georgia’s podcast, MY FAVORITE MURDER! Check it out, they are so amazing. They read about murders, obviously, but they’re also hilarious. They have minisodes also, where they read about people’s hometown murders that they send to them. I listen to them in the car, it’s so great, it makes any commute enjoyable.
10. Last but not least, HALLOWEEN! Obviously. The greatest day of the whole year! (Besides my birthday.) Unsure if I have any Halloween parties to attend, but I have a billion costume ideas running through my mind. (Wednesday Addams is winning right now. Cher from Clueless is not far behind.) Halloween falls on a Monday, and I plan on eating candy, and forcing Saul to watch Halloween movies with me ALL NIGHT LONG, and drinking pumpkin beer.
Hope you all have a fun filled, spooky October!